Arcana is a family and community-oriented venue with an eclectic range of events, activities and shows. Arcana is a SAFE SPACE – we encourage diversity, tolerance, inclusion and respect – please join us in creating a safe space for all visitors.
Guests with tattoos are welcome at our venue, however, our policy does not permit intimidating, aggressive, offensive or obscene tattoos and behaviour which may offend other patrons. This practise is common among many licenced venues and is in place to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests.
Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person they deem unsuitable for entry.
Amendments to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon being published on this web site. Your continued use of the web site following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this web site or any linked web site, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this web site.
To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is hereby excluded. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following: (a) if the breach relates to goods, (i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, (ii) the repair of such goods, (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and (b) if the breach relates to services, (i) the supplying of the services again or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Except in relation to liability for personal injury (including sickness and death), and except as otherwise stipulated in these terms and conditions, we will not accept liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of goods or services supplied pursuant to an order placed on this web site or in respect of any failure or omission on our part to comply with our obligations as set out in these terms and conditions.
This disclaimer set out in these terms and conditions does not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
General Venue Terms
- Arcana will have a first aid responder on site.
- The deposit is non-refundable, however, can be transferred to another date within six months of the original event date
- If an event or show is cancelled within seven (7) days of the contracted date, the client is responsible to pay 100% of the agreed costs within the agreement.
- All vehicles are to be parked in the back car park. The front car park is for staff and short term visitors (2 hours or less)
- Naked flame is not permitted on the premises (unless agreed upon with management in writing)
- You acknowledge that Smoking is banned in ALL areas of Arcana, including the Car Parks. ‘No Smoking legislative requirements may also apply to public areas accessed by your employees & guests. The DOSA Located off premises at the beginning of the lane to the left of the building.
- The premises must be left suitable and clean at all times, a cleaning fee of $132 for the 1st hour and $66 every hour after that will be payable for required cleaning.
- When staging Event & Production equipment is required – the Venue must have Arcana’s venue technician at all times during your hire, this is charged at $44/hr inc GST.
- The Venue Management is on-site from 10am – 4pm Tuesday to Friday.
- All electrical equipment must be currently tested & tagged.
- Access to the Offices is not permitted to any hirer.
- GST applies with all charges.
- Arcana may grant or refuse its consent at its sole discretion and on any terms and conditions it deems desirable.
- The Hirer must repair to the satisfaction of the Landlord’s Representative any damage to the Premises caused during the Hirers use of the Premises.
- In the event the Premises are damaged or destroyed to such an extent that they are rendered unfit for the Permitted Use or inaccessible, the terms of this Agreement will be suspended until the Premises or the means of access to them have been restored.
- If the air conditioning is left on any of the spaces, there will be a charge of $20/hr until it is switched off by management.
Guidelines for Building Use
- Care must be taken at all times not to damage anything – including doors, windows, mirrors and floors
- Do not store equipment in the building unless otherwise organised with the Arcana Management
- In the event of a fire alarm, please follow the fire evacuation plan and clearly marked green exit signs. Please leave the building in orderly manner
- Arcana takes no responsibility for any lost property, any items left in the building will be thrown out.
- Arcana reserves the right to approve, suggest and coordinate additional security services. Arcana is not responsible for damage or loss of any merchandise, equipment, clothing or other valuables left in any spaces or studios prior to, during or after the functions, classes or events
- If you are the last group on the premises you should inspect all doors & windows and ensure that all lights are turned off in all areas
- If you find other users not locking their spaces, please report this to the Venue Manager immediately – email@example.com.
- If, for any reason, you cannot arm the site securely, call Andrew on 0414 418 239
- If you are ever seriously concerned about your own safety or the safety of the building, please call Andrew 0414 418 239 or the Police 000 (triple zero).
- From time to time members of the public wander into the premises. If you feel confident, and preferably if you are accompanied by another person you may wish to advise them courteously that unless they are authorised to be here they should leave.
Food & Beverages
- Arcana is a licensed venue, guests cannot bring BYO – fines apply.
- The State Liquor Board regulates the sale and service of alcoholic beverages. Arcana is responsible for the administration of these regulations. Therefore, it is our policy that liquor cannot be from outside sources.
- For event bookings, you’re welcome to organise your own professional caterer for your event outside of Arcana’s options.
- You CANNOT prepare and bring your own food for any event.
- ALL Wedding bookings MUST select one of our catering options. You cannot bring in your own food or organise an outside caterer.
- You’re welcome to bring in your own cake, we have fridges on site that may be able to store your cake, depending on size.
Cancellation of event bookings will forfeit their deposit payment. Any termination by the Hirer of this Agreement within 24-hours of the event or hire date will result in the full payment with no refunds offered.
Any decorations you place in a room must be taken down immediately after the event. Any decorations left in the room will be disposed of. Confetti-type decorations, pushpins, wax candles or votives and tape are not allowed.
Noise Restrictions to comply with Liquor Licensing
- A noise limit of 102 dB(C) fast response, at 3m from the speakers between 10 am – 10 pm
- A noise Limit of 90 dB(C) fast response, at 3m from the speakers between 10 pm – 12 am
Temperance Garden Bar
- A noise limit of 87 dB(C) fast response, at 3m from the speakers between 10 am – 10 pm
- A noise Limit of 76 dB(C) fast response, at 3m from the speakers between 10 pm – 12 am